Announcements and Important Events
FORT ZUMWALT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Guidelines for Coaches and Sponsors Return to Play for Sports and Activities
The guidelines below are provided and developed in conjunction with the St. Charles County Department of Public Health recommendations and recommendations from the three largest hospitals in the St. Louis area. The guidelines should be communicated to your coaches and sponsors and should be followed to the best of their abilities.
Guidelines to begin July 6, 2020 1. There should be no camps for small children for the remainder of this summer. All camps will be team based.
2. All parents and students will be required to complete a waiver of liability before participating in any summer programs sponsored by the district.
3. There should be at least one week of practice devoted to conditioning and individual skills before team-based practices begin. Social distancing will be enforced throughout the week of conditioning.
4. A self-assessment should be completed each day for students, coaches and sponsors. ?Parents will be provided these questions in a letter from Dr. DuBray on June 29. ? The following questions need to be answered. If the answer is YES to any of these questions, the individual needs to stay home and contact their coach or supervisor: a. Do you feel ill? b. Do you have a fever (100.4 degrees or higher)? c. Do you have a cough? d. Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing? e. Do you have chills? f. Do you have a sore throat? g. Do you have muscle aches or pains? h. Do you have loss of smell or taste? i. Have you or a close contact been diagnosed or presumably diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Each coach or player will have their temperature taken on site each day.If the temperature is at least 100.4 degrees the coach or player should be sent home and contact their supervisor or coach. Parents who are dropping off their child need to remain present until safe entry is verified.
5. No locker rooms will be in use until further notice.
6. Only one student should be in a bathroom at any given time.
7. All students should bring their own water source and a mask.
8. Social distancing should be practiced as much as practical
9. No groups should be larger than 30. Students in smaller groups are preferable.
10.Outdoor venues should be used whenever possible.
11.There will be no visitors allowed at any practices until further notice.
12.Any seating of students should be through the use of social distancing. This includes dugouts and team benches whenever students are sitting or resting.
13.Cheerleading practices will be limited to one team at a time. Any stunts being practiced should include students wearing masks.
14.Dance team practices should include the use of social distancing.
15.All practices should be limited to no more than 2 hours at a given time.
16.Band practices should include social distancing of the members, including choreography practices.
17.The weight room can be utilized with social distancing being observed. Athletes should wear masks and numbers should be limited to 30 or less at a time. All machines should be wiped down with disinfectant immediately after use by an individual athlete.
18. Attendance records should be kept in the event that the Department of Public Health is required to conduct contact tracing work.
19. Carpools will be discouraged.
These guidelines will be modified if new information becomes available from the Department of Public Health or the state authorities. Please contact your Activities Coordinator if you require any interpretation about an individual guideline.